Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 5, 2014

PRAYER FOR GOD'S ABIDING AND TRANSFORMATIVE PRESENCE



TOUCH ME
by Ted Loder

COME, LORD GOD, 
TOUCH ME WITH LOVE, LIFE GIVING AS LIGHT
     to quiet my anger a little and gentle my desperation;
     to soften my fears some and gentle my cynicism,
     to wipe away my tears from my eyes 
                  and ease the pains in my body and soul;
     to reconcile me to myself, and then to people      
                  around me and then nation to nation 
                  that none shall learn from war anymore,
                  but turn to feed the hungry, house the      
                  homeless and care compassionately 
                  for the least of our brothers and sisters.
RESHAPE ME IN YOUR WHOLENESS
                           TO BE A HEALING PERSON, LORD!

COME, LORD JESUS, 
EXPAND ME BY YOUR POWER, LIFE GENERATING AS THE SEA,
         to accept and use my power to do something
                      I believe in and be something more
                      of who I mean to be and can be:
         to inspire me to dream and move, sweat and   
                     sing,fail and laugh, cuss and create;
         to link my passion with courage, my hope with
                     discipline, my love with persistence;
         to enable me to learn from difficulties, grow in   
                      adversities,gain wisdom from defeats,
                      perspectives from disappointments,
                      gracefulness from crises, and find joy     
                      in simply living it fully.
RELEASE ME THROUGH YOUR POWER 
                         TO BE A POWERFUL PERSON, LORD!

COME, LORD JESUS, STARTLE ME WITH YOUR PRESENCE, 
                                      LIFE SUSTAINING AS THE AIR
         to open my heart to praise you;
         to open my mind to attend to you
         to open my spirit to worship you;
OPEN ME TO LIVE MY LIFE 
    AS AUTHENTICALLY AND BOLDLY AS YOU LIVED YOURS!


COME LORD JESUS,
BE WITH ME in MY LONGING;
COME, STAY WITH ME in MY NEEDING;
COME GO WITH ME in MY DOING;
COME, STRUGGLE WITH ME in MY SEARCHING
COME, REJOICE WITH ME in MY LOVING.