Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 18, 2014


DRAW ME TO YOUR HEART

"Wise and Faithful Guide,
keep my spirit entwined with yours.
Teach me about the poor and the pained.
Fill me with your mercy and compassion.
Help me to find your peace in my troubled moments.
Let love be the response I give to those who
oppose me.
Constantly draw me toward all that is good.

Urge me to give my best to those who need it.
Lead me to learn from my discouragement 
and struggles.
Be the light that I need to find my way in darkness.
Fill my hollowness and emptiness with your love.

Most of all, continue to dwell with me
because your gracious presence is all I ever need.
It is enough to bring me through the deepest canyons
and the darkest crevices of my life.

Divinine Companion,
draw me to your heart where wisdom resides
and daily let me choose to follow your way."

Joyce Rupp, from Prayers to Sophia