Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MAGNIFICAT TO THE GOD OF DAWN


MAGNIFICAT TO THE GOD OF DAWN

My being proclaims the wonders of light
as it slowly penetrates the ebbing darkness.

And my spirit bows to the beauty of the One
who gives life to all that has existence.

Oh vibrant green stems of life sing out
your praise to the Heart who draws you forth

Bird songs rejoicing in the breath of dawn
warble your joy in view of the morning star

Dew drops radiant upon the wetness of grass
give glory to the Wise Creator who sustains you

Flower gardens, rushing streams, silent desert,
sing, sing, for the Dancer who rejoices in your midst

Peoples of the plant, creatures of the universe,
play before the Enlivener who delights in you

And my soul, my soul, rise up and greet this day
with gratitude, in a stance of humble remembering

For all (that) I am, and (for) all (that) I am called to be, 
is held in the hands of a Creator 
who daily loves me into life.

- Joyce Rupp -

Corollary Prayer

May we (constantly) see (ourselves and others)
with the same delight, pride and expectation
which God sees (us) every moment.
-John O'Donohue-