Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 27, 2012


We are bathed in God
who is around us all,
EMBRACING us!

Meister Eckhart

This looking to God is 
CONTEMPLATION.
It is an inward gaze into the depths of the soul
and, for that very reason, beyond the soul to God.
The more the soul finds God, 
the more it forgets itself and yet finds itself in God. 
It is an "unwavering gaze,"
where "looking" is always "hearing."
For what is looked at is the free and infinite Person
who, from the depths of his freedom,
is able to give himself 
in a manner ever new, unexpected and unpredictable.
That is why the Word of God 
 is never something settled once for all
that can be surveyed like a clearly defined landscape,
but something that comes forth ever new,
like water from a spring or
rays from a light.

Hans Urs von Balthasar

OPEN MY EYES, LORD
Open my eyes, Lord, help me to "see";
Open my ears, Lord, help me to "hear"
Open my heart, Lord, help me to "love."
I live within your heart; rest in me Lord!