Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Have You Spent Some Quality Time with Someone Today?

HAVE YOU SPENT SOME UNDIVIDED ATTENTION WITH SOMEBODY YOU LOVE TODAY!

A powerful video below caught my attention this week.  I was organizing my computer files and found this forwarded video among my ever-filing e-mails.  The video made me realize what has prevented me from finding some satisfaction from work recently.CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Because of my institution's expectations on work productivity and thus, my bosses' vigilant implementation of cutting down on loose hours,   I noticed during the past days that I was rushed, automatic and constrained in how  much time to spend to interact with others, especially with my patients and their family members and with my co-workers. It reminded me of my past ER nursing dilemma before I entered religious life - either to become efficient and quick or be compassionately caring.  I admit that I tend to forget and overlook the "sacramentallity" of my job, especially when I have been busy the whole day with a heavy load under my care.  It is a "judgment call "to be attuned and engaged" because at work we are expected not to be engaging in long, unnecessary and unrelated nursing interactions.  Truly, the ordinary works that we do and how we have been conditioned to do them, can become traps that could prevent us from deeply connecting with our God, others and ourselves.  

It is a good awareness. We have to be always conscious that, wherever we go, we are walking on God's holy ground. I needed to be centered, be contemplative and be reflective. 

I just thought that, oftentimes, when we look back and reflect at night times about what happened during the day,  we remember very well the person/s that has/have spent quality time with us.  The same thing happens to others,  it is the person/s that has/have spent quality time with them that makes them remember us or the special graced moments in their lives.  

Don't we like to make a difference in how we care for our loved ones/others?  Don't we like our loved ones/others to remember how much they really meant to us and how much God loves them for who they are?  It is not so much of what they do but in who they are as a person. 


So how could we make a difference? How about wearing a warm gentle smile, or intentionally extending a caring touch, or simply looking at them in the eye and say, "let me know what and how I can be of help?" even how busy we are in our daily routines? Or why don't we develop a mantra,  like "Have you said 'Thank you God' today?" for us always remember how we all should be grateful to God every moment of our lives.  

How about the quotation below "to the world, you may be just  one person...but to one person, you might be their world! So smile, shine through and touch someone's life deeply today?" Remember what St. Theresa said that today in our broken world, we are God's eyes, hearts and hands, especially called by God to be with those who are yearning to feel God's Love.

May we be inspired to be creative and to find the time that we need to create a safe and warm space inside of us and and may we always have the time to share this special space with those people that we touch everyday. 

God's Blessings!


T.I.M.E.